Sunday, September 16, 2012
Day 20 and going strong...
Hello First Grade Families,
I love the feeling of fall. Do you? We certainly have had amazing weather.
We have survived 20 days and the first graders are really getting into a routine! I know I can be tough at times, especially with routines, but I promise that it will help our first graders be successful in the classroom, especially during reading instruction time. I am really proud of how well they are doing and how much better they are with structure and routine.
Math: Last Friday, students took their first unit math test. I am amazed how well they did. Please look for an envelope in their take home folder. I like to keep tests for my records. I made copies of the test to send home for those who may have missed a few. Otherwise, if you do not get a copy of the math test, that means your child got 100% on the test. Well done! In Unit 2, we will really begin to focus on addition.
Language Arts: Students are working very hard on preparing for Language Arts stations. Next week, I hope to start Guided Reading Groups. Students must do stations efficiently for me to teach guided reading groups. We will keep practicing! They are doing a great job.
*** I will try my best to send home read-at-home books this week, at least two times. Please make sure that you record the book on the log and please send the envelope, log and book back. It's important to not lose these books, as they are school property. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
This weeks sight words: his had were her are
Thank you parent volunteers! I appreciate everything you do. I will be in touch very soon with parents regarding volunteering in the next few weeks.
Also, thank you so much for our grandparents that came on Grandparents Day. Please express to them how much I enjoyed meeting them. I hope it is a day they will not forget.
Coming up...
Apples Unit and Plants Unit: We plan on making applesauce in the classroom on Sept. 28th.
Picture Retakes: October 16th *tentatively. Please check Wed. Word for dates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment